Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Mothers Love

Hello and welcome back

Looking back at the day I had today, I did some reflecting, looking at pictures, watching my boys, and remembering every detail I could from the time they were little tadpoles in my belly , right up until this very minute, it made me smile, it made me sad.  So get comfy, grab your drink of choice, and join on an epic tale of a mothers love.


 Dear Austin


 You are my first born, for that I thank you !
Thank you for chosing me as your mom, I am sure there are lots of other women out there who are more deserving, but it was my belly you chose to grow in, my arms to be held by, my lips to give you kisses.  You have my eyes, my smile, and your own personality. Your strong, smart, loving and so very funny. My heart skipped a beat the first time I saw your on that ultrasound,and my heart melted the first time I held you in my arms. My little man, who is now so quickly growing up into a fine young man with so much promise. Try not to grow up to fast, and remember each day how much your loved.
 It seems like yesterday when I was holding your hand leading you into your first day of school. You looked at me with those big brown eyes and said, its ok mom I a big boy now !  You are loved, you are special, you are mine, and for that Im thankful.


 Dear Luke

My second born son, you came into this world with quite an enterance, we had angels watching over us that day, and I am and forever will be thankful to them for allowing you to stay with me safe in my arms, forever in my heart. When I finally got to hold you for the first time, 8 hours later, your eyes locked onto mine, we stared at each other for a long time, I was thinking how lucky I am that you chose me as your mom. You were a fighter, you bounced back and havent looked back since. On the outside your a mellow little fellow, but down deep lies a fighter, never one to give up easily, and always there for those in need, hold on tight to that my dear boy, its a wonderful quality to have. 


 I look back to the day you were born, and wonder how the time sped by so fast, where did 14 years go, one day Im helping you onto the schoolbus and crying as you happily wave goodbye, and now your growing up into a young man.  You are special, you are loved, and you are all mine. For that I am thankful and I am blessed.



 Dear Isaac


 The youngest of my 3 young men, the spitting image of my dad and full of his determination.  The first time I saw you, I cried !  Here finally was the baby who I worked hard to get, worked even harder to keep, and finally get to hold. You my little man were worth every hour on bed rest, worth every 8 oz glass of water I had to drink for endless ultrasounds, worth everything. I got to see you first when I was 8 weeks pregnant with you, you looked like a little peanut, from that moment on, you were my peanut.  


 The next ultrasound, I saw your little hands, your little feet and the best thing ever, a beating heart ! When the time came for you to arrive I was excited, I was anxious and scared, I was ready !  And you were worth every minute of the wait.  Thank you for chosing me as your mom, I couldnt imagine my life without you.  You are now almost 12 years old, a lover of books, and sports, a kind compassionate little soul who thinks of others before himself. You are special , you are loved, you are all mine. For that I am thankful, I am blessed.

Little Guy (song by Gord Bamford )

Cause I’m gonna be the best mom that I can
I’ll take you by those little hands
And when you stumble, I’ll pick you right up
I’ll be your number one fan
And watch you grow into a man

Now I’ll laugh with you, cry with you
Let my love surround you
And I’ll dance with you, pray for you
And wrap my arms around you when you cry
Little Guy

You’re gonna grow older, wiser
You’re gonna chase your dreams
And one day raise a family
And you’ll know just what I mean
Son you mean the world to me

Now I’ll laugh with you, cry with you
Let my love surround you
And I’ll dance with you, pray for you
And wrap my arms around you when you cry
Little Guy
I’m so glad you’re mine,
Little Guy 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment