Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wednesday wonders

Hello and welcome back

  Sorry it has taken me half the day to get my blog updated ,, however I had good reason today. So sit back, get comfy and grab your favorite beverage and join me on another whirl wind adventure of Wednesday Wonders.

 Wednesday morning started out like most other days in this house, often filled with chaos, turmoil and the occasional F bomb but I digress.  I was roused out of a great sleep by both the blaring of the alarm clock and a cat ass in my face, believe me its not the piece of ass I would have liked .  Up I get to empty my very full bladder and trip over not only the cat but also the dog.  You see Maverick was laying in the hallway slightly obstucted by the kids clothing that for reasons unknown didnt quite hit the laundry basket.  Before I could ditch my britches, the cat from heaven or hell depending on the day thinks it would be fun to attack my toasty warm toes, gag on a furball and give me a look of discust. 

 Bladder is now empty, hands and face are washed, as are the cats, he sticks his paws under the water and procedes to wash his face, its actually quite cute.  The troops are summoned to wake up or else, and Luke tells me he is still stricken with the flu, from pussy puke one day to kid phglem the next, my life is wonderful I tell you !  Isaac after many calls and the final threat of if I have to come up there,,,, is finally awake, dressed and eating a bowl of cereal with a mere 5 minutes til the big yellow limo picks him up for school. By 7:30am my day is looking up, I get to talk to Trevor on his way into the office, ahhhhhh my heart melts everytime I hear his voice.  I putter away on farmville, as well as farmtown, decide to study a little seeing as I not only have a test friday, but also a midterm the same day.  I look at the clock after what seems like only a few minutes to discover, I have been cramming for 2 hours a freaking record for me I might add.  Off to the showers I go, to prepare for my fieldtrip to the vet, yes I tell myself, finally I get to go to the vet and not have to spend money.WRONG !!!!! I ended up getting the cat more medi cal treats, I guess hes worth the $7 and they are fat free, additive free and according to his taste buds DAMN GOOD.  They must be good because now he wont touch his luvs treats, only the best for that cat, its medi cal or nothing.  I figure if he doesnt stop ambushing me as I ditch my britches the only thing he will be getting is a time out and no freaking treats of any kind.

 He went on a hunger strike earlier this week when much to his dismay he was clean out of moist food, the hunger strike only lasted half an hour.  By now I am at the vets office, we get the grand tour, yadi yadi yadi, ive seen it all before but it was still interesting.  We got to see the surgery suite, the xray room, and the recovery room. Here my friends is where my heart melted, a smile came to my face, and I knew deep down this is the profession I want.  While everyone else was fawning over some puppies, my eyes looked and landed on a black lab, he has an owner and was recovering from an oradectomy, sorry in laymans terms he had a neuter.  I went to his kennel, let him sniff me, and his body pressed against the cage.  I sat down on the cold concrete floor, put my hand in the cage and felt his paw fall in my hand, his head leaned against me and his tongue flicked over my cheek. 

  The vet came over and asked what I had done, thinking I was in shit, I said I came over to see him, for some reason he likes me and hes falling asleep on my hand. She said we couldnt get him to stand up or to eat,hes scared, hes sad and hes missing his people.  She asked everyone else who by this time saw I was being inspected by the vet and had my fingers wrapped around a dogs paw to keep back and not stress the fella out.  She then asked if I would see if I could get him to eat.  I said sure, in the kennel I got, the door slammed behind me, I thought hell compared to class, this is heaven.  I sat down beside him , let him get used to me all over again which I guess I didnt need to because his head was in my lap before I was all the way down to the floor.  I held some food on my hand and guess what? HE ATE IT !!! The vet said they were getting ready to call the owners to come in and see if they could get him back on his feed, if he wasnt he wouldnt be able to leave.  So I guess not only did I get the dog to eat, I also saved the owners a trip to the vet, seeing as they cant spring the pup loose from the clink until tomorrow. 

 I was on a natural high, I gave him some more snuggles and a kiss on the head and made my way out of recovery and on my way out the door.  As I was leaving, the vet asked me to come into her office, as I went in not only was she there but so was my teacher.  Sweet jesus Im in trouble I told myself, SELF said giddy up girlfriend, your in for it now.  The vet goes on to say she was very impressed with what she saw, not only with the dog but also from my marks so far, and she wanted to know if I would come in a few days a week to volunteer to get extra experience.  I would be there to assist in surgery, clean, sterilize equipment and try to get the pets in recovery to relax and enjoy their stay.  I told her I would have to think about it as my workload at school is pretty heavy but it was looking good that I would be able to volunteer, she said good, because its looking good you could end up with a job when you get your degree.  I my friends am so happy I could shit rainbows and fart fairy dust.  May you all be blessed with doggie kisses, and knowing you were able to give someone or something love and comfort. And  may you all be filled with such happiness you to can say "I'm so happy I could shit rainbows and fart fairy dust"

No comments:

Post a Comment