Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday morning Freedom




Good morning and welcome back !

  Well my friends it has been a great morning so far.  Sit back get comfy with your beverage of choice and come join me on my epic journey of friday freedom.

  This morning the alarm woke me as it always did at 6:45am.  Instead of being awoken to Maverick's ever faithful I gotsta pee dance number, I awoke to good morning kisses and I love you's LADIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS are you with me on this one ! FANTASTIC I say ah life is great.  I haul on my penguin jammies as betty is still in the dryer and Im not quite sure she made it through the wash alive, that spin cycle can be a real bitch.  I call out to summon the troops and begin to start my day.  You see today is friday, not only do I get to write my final exam on animal behaviours, I am also totally stoked for it. I am going to blow that duck right out of the water, I am going to show where the bear shit in the buckwheat patch, you get my drift. Today is also my favorite time of week not only because its the beginning of the weekend and also to ringing in "Fireball Friday" but it is usually the day when Trevor comes home, thankfully I am super spoiled and as he says what his baby wants, his baby gets, and he came home last night.  Today is also the day we get new windows installed, kitchen , bedrooms and bathrooms. 

 Long gone will be the day of seeing our blankets move, and not from our long past supper honking helloooooo, no my friends its from the wind sucking through the windows, around the windows and under the windows.  It was down right nipply to say the least. Sure there is noise, sure there will be mess, but you cant put a pricetag on warmth especially when that bitch we call Winter is still upon us. Thankfully its a gorgeous sunny day here in Fredericton, not chilly in the love shack at all.  Maverick has made some new friends today, we got the workmen to come inside to meet him before they started the work, I gave him treats and a shitload of praise when he went over and gently sniffed them.  One of the workers named Dennis is mavericks new best friend, he comes down the stairs, maver runs for him to play, he comes in the house maver runs over for more play. All in all I couldnt be happier with the beast's behaviour.

 Most dogs with new people in their home making tons of racket with hammers and saws would flee, not the beast, he runs up the stairs, sits by the closed door and waits for Dennis to magically reappear for more playtime.  The cat however is NOT impressed, are you really surprized?  He loves loves LOVESSSSSSS the basement, usually.  However today when I took him down, along with his moist food, kibble, water , toys and a damn good belly rub , he gave me the look of death.  He has two litter boxes, one in our entryway/mudroom as well as one in the basement so he is good to go. But today he figured because I placed him down there, and not on his terms, it warrented a bitch slap accross the ankles.  He will get over it.  Trevor is working right now for a bit, but should be back before I leave to write my final.  If he isnt I will put Maverick in the mudroom with the door closed, just incase his attitude should change. He is great when his masters are in the house, but I really cant take the risk or the chance of trying leaving him to run free in the house alone with the workmen here and us not.  He is a germen sheperd, they are protective, they are loyal, they are in my eyes one of the best dogs to own.  I wouldnt trade him in for anything.  I am on a mental high right now, I know I am going to do well on my final, and I know not only will I be able to have some celebratory drinks of my beloved fireball tonight, I know I am so happy I could shit rainbows and fart fairy dust.  Wish me luck with the final as well as the installation of the new windows, and may you all be so happy, that you to can say, "I'm so happy, I could shit rainbows and fart fairy dust."

Moses Doing his LADIESSSSSSSSS are you with me, cause im so damn saxy look.
Maverick snuggling with me after I had gotten back from a not so great dentist visit , hes a big dog with an even bigger heart.

1 comment:

  1. Maverick is a beautiful dog Lois! He has a lot of soul in his eyes :)

    ReplyDelete