Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hard Work Pays Off

Hello and welcome back

  I am happy to report that I am beginning to feel a bit better now and have resumed the writing of my blog , and am no longer relying on the cat to write it for me.  However from the comments I have recieved I almost think you liked the blog being written by the cat just fine. Get comfy, grab your beverage of choice and join me on my journey of hard work pays off.

I went to school today with a bit of a heavy heart , to be quite honest I felt beaten down, wondering what in hell I am even doing going to school.  We are doing nutrition right now for a lovely 3 weeks, I am not impressed.  I find it very boring, and quite complicated.  So off to class I go, my head is pounding, my body is still aching from not only the cold flu bug, but also from my IBS acting up.  Sleep did not come easily last night, I was up alot in the night and even now my eyes still look like two pissholes in the freshly fallen snow.

  I enter the classroom, and before my ass hit my desk I was handed a huge file folder of work I had missed in the mere 2 days I was home. Lovely I say to myself, Self replies, oh shittttttttttt !  I tell self to shut up and listen to the lecture.  I feel my head start leaning closer and closer to my desk, its cool surface feels like heaven on my very hot face.  I keep that position from 1pm until 2:30 when we take our break.  As I am leaving the classroom the teacher informs me I look like hell and to stay home tomorrow, I am nowhere near being ready for a test tomorrow, she tells me I can write it next friday with my midterm.  I tell myself I can do it and self again replies OH SHIT !!! Again the thoughts run through my head, what the hell were you thinking, taking this course. After break we go back to the ya ya yadis of the lecture, when finally we got to do something fun.  We got fitted today for our scrubs !!!!!!!  I picked a beautiful color called Cier or quite possibly ceir whatever the hell its called its not a dark blue nor a light blue, sort of a pretty sky color with just a smidgeon of periwinkle in it.  I am stoked now I feel like we are getting further in our course and the end of the tunnel is soon approaching.  From there my day got even better,,,, We learned our stethoscopes will be in soon WHOOT WHOOT !!! now I can play dr with Trevor and actually have the proper tools :).  It gets even better, the warden sprung us loose at 4:30 pm.  As I am going outside to have a smoke while I waited for the girl I get a drive with everyday to get done class, I am summoned to the office, sweet baby jesus what now I say to myself, Self says once again OH SHIT !  Its all good !!!!

 I not only got picked for student of the modual ( for animal breeds and behaviours) I also had the top marks in my class !! So here I am looking like death warmed over, eyes resembling two piss holes in the snow, and a brown tshirt, jeans and pink hoodie, pretty cute outfit eh,,, yes it is , however it would have been nice to know I had to have my picture taken to be put on display in the reception area for all to see in the school.  I try to talk my way out of getting it taken today when Angie or Miss Angie as I call her said sit down shut up and smile, CLICK pic is taken and I smiled so hard I look like a kid on christmas day.  I say I am so happy I could shit Rainbows and fart fairy dust, then I read what my teacher had to say about me and it brought tears to my eyes, it made me realise that I damn well better start believing in myself because everyone else does, including my teacher.

  She went on to say I am a very dedicated student who works hard, is determined and during the animal breeds and behaviours I showed a great interest in it and had a very good knowledge of both subjects, ( it gets better) she also went onto say I would be a great asset to any veternarian with my knowledge , ever present smile and wonderful sense of humor.  I sat there holding that piece of paper , tears in my eyes and my dads voice whispering in my ear, thats my girl ! Ive always believed in you, Trevor and your friends do , now its time for you to believe in yourself.  It was like he was sitting right beside me talking to me, I could see him sitting in the audience as I walk across the stage to get my degree, hes smiling like a cat with a strawberry flavoured ass and hes proud.  I am truly blessed to have people that believe in me , even when I dont myself.  I hope you are all blessed with people in your life like I have, the ones who never stop believing, never stop loving you, and are there to lean on when you have a hard day.  I also hope you are filled with so much happiness you to can shout to the world ( or anyone who will listen) that you are so Happy you could shit rainbows and fart fairydust.  May the rainbows and fairies be watching over you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment