Thursday, January 14, 2010

So many things, so little time

Hello and welcome back !

My fellow blog fans I have a confession to make, you may need to sit down for this one and pour a beverage of your choice. Are you ready? ok here it is, I still have our Christmas tree up !!! Terrible I know, slacking on my part YES and I will take full blame for this.  You see it all started with the damn thing not even getting put up until the week of Christmas, this time it was not due to my slacking. I will blame this one on being a college student, a mom, a pet owner and sadly not really feeling in the christmas spirit.  I had exam after exam I was tired and frazzled to the brink, a few times I wasnt even sure fireball was going to help me on this one.  To put it quite bluntly the weeks leading up to christmas I was a complete scrooge ! I didnt want to be little susie homemaker who had fresh baked gingerbread cookies or hell even store boughten cookies at this point, I didnt want to buy gifts much less wrap them, I didnt want to deck the halls with boughs of holly and all the other fa la la la bullshit. What I wanted was this, I wanted sleep ! and I wanted to be able to spend Christmas with the boys, but sadly it wasnt my turn this year. Thankfully I had Trevor and he is what got me through busy stores trying to find that one certain thing the boys asked for and to also find things they didnt ask for but we knew they would like.  He got me through the wrapping process and sensed I was getting stressed when I started calling the scotch tape filthy names, the whole while longingly looking at my fireball on his late fathers hutch in our kitchen.  I do believe his words were, go sit down and have a smoke hun relax a bit I will finish these.  Blessed am I !!!!! Ok so we got that part down and you know what? I started to feel a little more festive, we went to my moms christmas eve , partook in eating all kinds of yummies and drank some delicious wine, came back to our love nest, played the new singstar game he bought me ( deep down I know he likes it when I "sing") Im surprised the neighbours havent called the cops saying someone is killing a basset hound,  Ive got a sense of humour yes but I have no singing abilities.  We sat up half the night laughing and talking and went to bed.  Christmas morning or should I say late christmas morning we awoke and got ready to go to moms for dinner, had I not been quite so hung over I may have enjoyed my meal a little more.  And then finally at 10pm we got the boys back, I was excited, that was until I saw my life flash before my eyes as Isaac shred paper like a mad dog and whipped things around to grab another present.  I looked forward to bedtime that night my friends.  So now you know my secret about still having my christmas tree up. Will it get taken down tonight probably not, however Trevor comes home tomorrow so maybe then we can take it down.  My wish to you for 2010 is to have every day be so happy for you all that you can say daily, "I'm so happy I could shit rainbows and fart fairy dust"

No comments:

Post a Comment