Thursday, January 14, 2010

What to do when you have time on your hands

Ok so here I sit in the cafeteria / lounge at school. Why you may ask am I doing that, well let me tell you why.  I just got finished writing my exam on dog and cat behaviours quite fascinating stuff actually. And I am getting ready to shout my classic line " I'm so happy I could shit rainbows and fart fairy dust" for tomorrow when I get my marks back, I seriously think I kicked some major whoop ass on this little beauty.  Ok so I got the exam finished and your probably wondering why arent I in the comfort of my own home, where I can sit in my own office chair, drink my winter carnival coffee and smoke endless cigarettes while typing up this blog. To that I answer, because I had to look up info for my project due Next Wednesday, as well as work on my presentation.  My project is on, Police Enforcement dogs, Drug sniffing dogs, And Cadavar dogs, again very interesting things.  I got done that and am now waiting for the girl I travel back and forth to school with to finish her class, most classes have tests and exams on Friday's my class is the exception for some unknown reason, maybe its because our teacher likes to hold us hostage for the whole afternoon while us suckers get to sit through 4 hour lectures knowing full well the rest of the campus got to home hours earlier to get a kick start or jumpstart you might say to their weekends,  I think  I may be a little bitter but I am not quite sure.  So tomorrow while my friend gets to write a test and jump in her car and head home to relax and kickstart her weekend, you will find me in room 6 patiently waiting for my day to end.  Good news is Trevor will pick me up after class tomorrow as he will be home WHOOT WHOOT ladiessssssssss are you with me on this one ??? 

  I conqured a major fear today and was able to scratch it off my bucket list., my bucket list you see are things I want to do before I well you know kick the bucket.  And because I think everyone should have one I will list off my bucket list to you, somethings I have been able to scratch off , some I am still working on .

                                        My Bucket List
1) Have Trevor propose to me, I dont need bells and whistles, doves and fairy dust, just a get down on your knee and ask me. Quite simple really.

2) Marry Trevor, again nothing fancy, to many people put to much emphesis on the wedding and totally forget why they are actually getting married, I could get married naked in a mud puddle and be the happiest girl in the world. However I did see a beautiful dress thats screaming my name. LADIESSSSSSSSSSS are you with me.?

3) Go to College, finally one I was able to check off the ole bucket list

4) Recieve student of the modual  TA DA I have crossed that one off to and I must say my picture was pretty good, that day my friends was another prime example of when I screamed my classic line about rainbows and fairy dust.

5) Graduate College, Im getting closer everyday to scratching that one off, This Novemember I will graduate

6) Graduate with Honors, I have to tell you I am working my ass off for this one to get crossed off but still not sure if it will happen , but to never try is to fail.

7) Make someone see the good in themselves, now this one was quite easy in a way I suppose, I do my best every day to make someone laugh and like who they are for who they are not what they are

8) Make my family and friends proud of me, again happy to report I was able to scratch that off, I am told daily by Trevor and even alot of good friends that they are proud of me., its a good feeling.

9) See all my kids graduate, one in highschool and two in middle school. again getting closer to scratching this one off as well

10) Let go of my fears. I was able to do this today but I will explain how as we go along. keep with me people

11) Travel places I have never been before, that will entail getting on a plane, however I made it over one fear today and damnit I can get over another one, Ive got a friend who is more like a sister then anything over in England who I am going to meet someday and to do that I need to get over my fear of flying and of course will the lotto so I can accomplish it, Keep praying I win Ruth lol

12) Have my mother tell me she is proud of me, this one could take some time, you see my mom is 73 and old school. your not often told your loved your just supposed to realize you are , the closest she has come to saying shes proud of me is she told me I was a good kid and what would she do without me, so you know what SCRATCH another one off the bucket list, thats good enough for me.

  So the fear I overcame today was my fear of RATS yes thats right Rats.  You see 15 1/2 years ago when I worked at a petstore I was bitten by a rat, quite badly actually., requiring stitches and now I have a scar on my hand in the shape of a diamond, not really the diamond I had in mind but I digress.  So in class today before the exam started, a girl who is also in my class brought in 3 count em people 3 of her 4 week old baby rats.  I had said yesterday during class that damnit I am going to over come my fear and hold one , in my mind I am thinking suckers, they wont remember, well it just so happens,,,, THEY DID.  If you can imagine the look of sheer panic on my face as this rat is placed in my hand, and then it goes for my face, well bloody helllllllllllllllllllllll !!!!! what to do., I had some options, I could drop it but we have to take an oath that says "at first do no harm" so that wouldnt have been ethical, 2nd option, freeze like a statue and deal with what happens. 3 SHIT MY PANTS which wouldnt have been hard after the morning bout of IBS I had today, or I could relax remain calm and enjoy the fact that I got over my fear.  I chose that option , excused myself after passing the rat back and went to the bathroom to check my drawers to make sure I didnt make mud in them.  When I got back to the classroom, one of the little fellas was climbing out of the cage and without thinking I went over, scooped him up and cradled him like I would a puppy.  They were very gentle very sweet little fellas, they dont smell and are often recommended by vets as pets for first time pet owners for kids, they are easier to handle for kids then gerbils and hamsters and believe me they are a hell of alot cleaner.  Now I guess you may be wondering if I got over my fears would a rat ever be considered as a pet ? to that I say this, rats are like babies, they are great to hold and spoil and be able to pass them back to their rightful owner.  So no Trevor if your reading this you will never have to worry about coming home and finding a pet rat in our home,  A Ferret maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee a rat no .  So my friends you have now learned all about my day in the life of a vet assistant in training I hope your day brings you Rainbows and Fairy Dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment