Friday, January 15, 2010

Good Friendships Never go away

Hello and welcome my friends

Today's blog entry is going to be about the magic of friendship ! How no matter where you are in the world , now matter how crappy you may be feeling, your friends are always there.  So Tanya this one is for you !

  Grab a comfy chair and a beverage of your choice and lets go back in time , we are going back to the 80's where big hair was In and bellbottoms were thankfully out.  Picture it, Marysville mid 80's. Tanya and I became friends at an early age and I am proud to say even in the cusps of our 30's we are still friends , sure we dont get to see each other, with her living in Moncton and me in Fredericton, but that doesnt mean we never get to talk to each other.  Back in the 80's we were inseperable dad refered to us as the bobsy twins and Im sure her father refered to us as double trouble.  If I wasnt at her house she was at mine, one summer all we did was have sleep overs and if memory serves me correctly we never got much sleep.  We would stay awake half the night eating twizzler sticks ( the cherry kind only) drinking kool aid and doin what girls do best, TALK. Oh god the talks we used to have, by the age of 13 we had our ideas on what our future husbands would look like ( for the record my first huband was nothing like I dreamed of when I was 13) .  As I like to refer to it as I got the kids, he got the finger, but I digress, the main thing is now here I am in my 30s and the person I had dreamed of at the age of 13 is now in my life and I couldnt be happier.  By the age of 13 we had also dreamed of what our future careers would be, cant remember what Tanya's was but I always knew I wanted to work with animals and here I am now getting ready to work with animals.  We were also music crazed young girls, she with her bon jovi me with my creedence clearwater revival and Hank Williams, to this day everytime I hear, theres a tear in my beer I can taken back to the times I spent at her house listening to that.  I think thats why her father Brian always liked me , was because I got her away from that rock and roll shit and back into a time when music was simple.  I was country long before it was cool to be country.  A favorite memory of mine is when I got her hooked on the old buddy holly song., oh boy, only instead of singing all my love all my kisses, you dont know what youve been missin oh boy, we changed the words to, smells like fish, tastes like chicken, plug your nose and keep on a lickin oh boy. Well that song backfired on us one time, you see Tanya had to go on a road trip with her parents, and as I said before her father loved the older music, so much to Tanya's dismay on comes buddy holly singing oh boy, Tanya takes into the snickers, then the giggles, then comes the laugh, now Tanya is a sweet person,kind and very beautiful, but when she laughs hard she kind of reminds me of a donkey in heat.  Well she takes into this braying laugh and her mother Lucy asks her whats so funny, Tan says nothing mom, but keeps laughing, Lucy you see is kind of hot tempered loving but her bitch switch can come on at any time. By this time Tanya is in the backseat braying so hard she cant breathe and Lucy is screaming what the F***K is so funny.  Hmmm wonder if she ever told her mother why she was laughing so hard all these years later.

  Tanya also had a hamster his name was Cecil. Well I liked him well enough, that is until the time I was over for a sleep over and somehow I ended up falling asleep. Tanya thought it would be funny to put her hamster down the back of my t shirt.  Its a wonder he didnt die of a heart attack and I didnt shit my pants cause I remember coming up off that couch screaming like bloody murder wondering what the hell had picky claws and was going down to the vacinity of my ass.  Cecil lived to be geriatric and sadly had to be put down but I know he lived to be about 13 , if im lyin im cryin and aint shed a tear.  I think she was feeding him geritol or something.   I to had a geriatric pet, she was a cat named mable. aptly named the sex machine, I got her when I was 3 and she lived until I was 19. She was the envy of all the other cats in our part of town , she may not have been the prettiest cat but by jesus she had her mojo working for her.  I think the cat had sex right up until the day she died, she produced so many litters of kittens I couldnt begin to count.  We had a dog like that to, her name was Nipper, aptly named because as a puppy she would nip at your bare feet or any other part of your body for that matter. One time she had a litter of puppies and Tanya got to keep one, she named him squirt, cute as the dickens and not a brain cell in his body.  I will never forget the time he ran away out in the woods and came back hours later, reeking of dead animal. I guess he must have found something dead and rolled in it, well sweet baby jesus Lucy took one whiff of that dog and said have fun girls !!!  So we went at him with a hose and probably everything from shampoo right down to her father's bruit cologne but eventually we got most of the stink off him. 

  We also used to have fun teasing her little brother Jason ! now I never had any part of this story but its still a classic. When Jason was little the song thriller was big and he was terrified and not just terrified but absolute panic over this song. Tanya would convince him to go hide in the closet, and he always did it, then she would lock the door and play as loud as she could THRILLER. Jason is a grown man now with a baby or two of his own but I bet everytime he hears that song he still shivers.  If I close my eyes and listen hard enough I can still hear his voice saying TANYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA when she would do something to irritate him.  The poor boys luck never did change much, he once went to magic mountain and for some reason thought it would be neat to go down the water slide on his stomach with no shirt on, well that ended in horror, at least for his nipples. Yes I said nipples. He was I guess you could say DE NIPPLED. There was a little slit in between where the slides connect and his nipples were shorn clean off. Lucy who is a nurse was down on her hands and knees on the ground trying to find the lost nipples so they could be reattached , much to her dismay and to jason's they were forever lost. Til this day I dont think Jason likes Magic Mountain and the ghost of his lost nipples lives on. I have heard of rednecks having their nipples shorn off by rabid beavers but never by waterslides.

  Tanya and I also liked to "cook" we used to make mini pizzas on english muffins and we would also make microwaved popcorn. Yes people its true Tanya Betts and Lois Craig are the true founders of microwaved popcorn, sure they say orville reddenbacher was the creator but I disagree.  We were one step ahead of that white haired whiny voiced geriatric.  You see when you are all redneck girls like us we improvise. We would take a brown paper lunch bag, put popcorn kernels in the bag and tape it shut, it worked great, that is until the time we couldnt find tape and used a stapler to staple the bag shut, no on ever told us you cant put metal objects in the microwave, that was the end of Craig/Betts interprises we went belly up and got a sore ass in the process. So my friends the moral of this blog is no matter how old you are, or where your destiny shall take you, your friends are always there as are the past memories you had the privledge to experience with them.  Thank you all for taking a trip back into the 80s where acid washed jeans, banana clips for your hair and tie dyed tshirts were all cool. May you all have great memories of your friends past and present and may you all be blessed with so much happiness you to can all say I'm so happy I could shit rainbows and fart fairy dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment