Sunday, January 31, 2010

See You On The Other Side

Dear Dad

  How I miss you, your voice, your smell, the way you always made everything make sense , your kind words your everything.  So much is going on with my life right now and I know you are looking down saying, thats my girl !  I just wish you were here to tell me in person.  What I wouldnt do to be able to call you on the phone and say guess what,,,, did you know ,, and hear you say well I didnt know that before but now I do.  I  Miss your smile, your laugh and your sense of humor.  How I wish you could be with me on my graduation day, but I know you will be watching over me whispering in my ear, smile baby girl you worked hard for this.  I wish you could walk me down the isle when I marry Trevor, instead I will accept the fact that you will be there watching over me and giving me your blessing.  You were and always will be my hero ! What a lucky girl I was to have you for 25 years of my life, through good times and bad, happiness and sadness , life and loss.  I treasure every moment I spent with you and am blessed to say I was with you til the very end, thank you for that.  I hope you are happy in heaven, that you are watching over everyone here and over there and you hold them close and let them know they are loved. 

  As each day passes it gets a little bit easier, however no time could ever erase my memories of you, going in your transport truck, you holding my hand as we crossed the streetand my hand feeling so small in yours, eating a big mac talking about life.  Watching you with my boys and your love for them , puppies little man is what you called Austin, Luke was "pudge" and Isaac was "sonny" I never knew that was your nickname when you were little.  I know you are always around "checking in" for that I am blessed and thankful, just sad that you died to soon.  I promise you I will do what you always wanted me to, I will help animals , I will give them love, try to make them better and always believe in myself.  To never try is to fail , as you always said, so my promise to you is I will always try to do my best at everything.  God speed, sweet dreams. I love you !

No comments:

Post a Comment