Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rest In Peace Betty Boop.

Hello and welcome back

  Tonight my friends I regret to inform you all on the sudden and tragic loss of my beloved betty boop pajamas.  So sit back, get comfy ( possibly in your fav pjs) grab your beverage of choice, somehow I dont think my coffee is going to be strong enough, and join me in rememberance of my beloved betty.

  Betty as she was often refered to was my constant companion, my comfort, my friend.  She was there for me during Trevor's heart attacks, she gave me comfort on those nights, when I was worried I was going to lose my soul mate, my best friend , my laughter, my everything.  She was also there the night before my first day of college, she kept me warm, and helped me get through a very fitful night of sleeping. Her red lips and huge boobs always made me smile.

  She took a decline in health a few days ago when a small hole appeared, I only wish I had of tried to fix her then, maybe now she would still be with me.  From the small hole it only got bigger, when once again I was ambushed by the cat, with betty down around my ankles, as I waddled to retrieve toilet paper.  As I went down, her tear only got larger.  I thought she may need a bath , so I put her in the washer, and there my friends ,is where it all happened. Betty tragically did not survive the spin cycle, I should have known. That spin cycle can be a real bitch !
  I had tears in my eyes tonight as I retrieved her lifeless little soul out of the washing machine, I think it may have even deflated her boobs :(  Betty is gone, no amount of mending is going to bring her back.  So now it is time to give her a proper buriel.  No garbage bag will do that great woman justice ! So from my hands, she will be placed in my closet where all of my other treasures that have given me laugher, love and comfort rest.  From the dragonfly balloons Trevor gave me one year for my birthday, to my late fathers favorite sweaters, to my birthday cards given to me by my late grandmother.  Betty will be happy there surrounded by all the love and comfort of her closet mates.  She will never be forgotten and her spirit will live on.

 Tonight my friends, I am not so happy I could shit rainbows and fart fairy dust, instead I am sadly shitting rainbows and wiping away fairy dust tears .  May you all be blessed with such treasured pajamas, the kind that give you comfort, the kind that are there and waiting for you after a long day. And may you all be blessed with so much happiness in your lives, you to can all say I am so happy, I could shit rainbows and fart fairy dust.

1 comment:

  1. I collect all the favorite things and make something new...I will be on the hunt for Betty Boop Pjs for ya--will not stop till i find them...in the meantime...take whatever scraps you have and make a pillow front..this way you can HUG your Boop Boopie Doop as often as you wish...I am like you --have my comfort things...especially when I travel--I have a small picture album of all my favorite people...another strange thing to I carry around are my charms.....a crystal..(all seeing of truth) an evil eye (malocia in greek to ward off evil thoughts of others), a cross (to ward off emotional vampires) and a rose quartz (for Love) with lapis lazuli (a protector in tough times).....I call them "My Lucky Charms"
    I also cherish my passport....all the stamps inside are stories of trips and adventures...How I miss traveling----

    So tonight--Betty & my travels days are Great memories..and hopes of new Boops and Fun to come....

    ReplyDelete