Thursday, January 14, 2010

thursday morning thoughts

Good morning and welcome back !

Today started out just like any other day, I awoke to the blaring of the alarm at 6:45am, and did what I always do, just laid there and enjoyed the sound of silence because I knew before long that beautiful silence was going to be shattered by the sounds of teenage boys fighting over who gets to use the bathroom first, whos socks are whos and wails of mommmmmmmmmm you said you would wash my hoodie and you didntttttttttttt, but I digress.  By 6:46am Maverick our floppy eared German Sheperd has decided that I have had enough time to enjoy the silence and promply jumps on my very full , very weak bladder only to announce that he to has a very full bladder.  I am by now wide eyed and in some serious pain, the dog weighs 100 pounds and is built like a brick shithouse, I on the other hand only weight 140 pounds and am still not used to such a violent awakening.  I have yet tried to figure out how to successfully get out of my very warm, very comfortable queen sized bed cross legged as not to piss my pants before I make it to the bathroom.  Maverick for some reason thinks I need moral support and none to gracefully flies the bathroom door open and promply puts his paw on my leg waiting for me to finish so I can let him out to relieve himself.  6:48am I am now calling the boys to wake up and I come downstairs longingly look at my smokes and wish just wish that for once I could at least light one and enjoy the first inhale before I release the hound but he will have none of that.  The dog is now outside, peace for a few minutes ,,, or so I think. In enters the cat, Moses has a way of giving you a look that if he could speak he would have either a mexican accent or he would sound like Jeff Dunhams puppet Achmed the dead Terrorist, He looks at you like Good morning Infidellllllllllll , bitch wheres my food??? The cat is now fed and purring peace at last do I dare think? WRONG The silence is now shattered by the sounds of the kids awake and attempting to get ready for school. By this time I say to hell with it and make my coffee, as I look outside into the darkness I see what appears to be a very large wild animal in my back yard, out I go flashlight and hockeystick in hand in my betty boop pajamas with such a wild hairdo going on its almost sexy, to see what animal dare enter my property, I quietly open the door ready to defend whats mine only to be knocked back on my ass by not a wild animal but by my own damn dog !!! I forgot he was outside, after he licks my face about 20 times he then leaves me to my own devices on how to get the hell back up off the floor and to find the flash light and hockey stick that went flying to go look at his food bowl.  I slowly get back up waiting for yet another ambush from the beast and go back to my domain, the kitchen is still there but sadly the kids lunches are not. I had forgotten to make them, as I am making the lunches and trying to remember who likes butter on their bread and who doesnt, I again get the shit scared out of me as Maverick promply drops his metal bowl on the cold tile floor right by my feet.  I tuck and roll clutching my chest , look down and there he is patiently waiting to be fed !  The beast now has a full belly and goes away leaving me in what I hope can only be peace and quiet. WRONG In enters Isaac, hes a cute little fella, he has my eyes and my temper but he does not have my organizational skills.  MOMMMMMMMMMMMM I need a white dress shirt for my basketball game today and I cant find one in my closet, to which I reply , you have a closet? I thought the floor was your closet.  Up I go on the hunt for what appears to be a non existant dress shirt.  No problem I say, I now enter mine and Trevor's room , where all the clothes are hung up according to color and make, dress shirts on one end sweaters in the middle, Jeans, then dress pants, its actually quite organized.  I reach up and find him one of my white dress shirts, well sweet baby jesus shit has now hit the fan.  I am not wearing one of your shirts I will look like a girl, I take this oppertunity to remind him if he doesnt soon get a haircut he will really look like a girl so what harm really is the dress shirt going to do.  He storms back downstairs mumbling all the way that its so much easier when Trevor is home I AGREE lol.  I come down with the same plain white dress shirt and tell him that upon further inspection of his closet aka the floor I found him a white dress shirt ( keep in mind its the same one from my closet) he says thanks mom thats an awesome shirt, grabs his book bag and out the door he goes.  Luke comes down with his ever faithful book in front of his eyes searing the desk like a blindman for his mp3 player and headphones, I pass him a pair, not those ones he says, I want the ear bud ones, I pass him a pair of earbud earphones, not those ones they are uncomfortable, I give him 2 choices, one or the other, he takes the third option NONE AT ALL fine he says never freaking mind, grabs his bookbag and out the door he goes.  By this time is is 7:30am and my favorite time of the morning, Trevor calls me at this time every morning on his way into the office, I smile as I answer the phone because now my friends I have peace and quiet and I get to talk to the person who makes me smile everyday, who helps me through rough moments like I had this morning and usually says I dont mean to laugh hunnybun but you have to admit , that was some funny shit right there.  So to all of you who wake up to peace and quiet every morning I say this , bless you my child and tell me your secret.As crazy and hectic as our house can be , I wouldnt have it any other way, I am blessed, and I am happy. I hope you to can find the happiness that screams Im so happy I could shit rainbows and fart fairy dust.

2 comments:

  1. lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a great read, now I'm ready for a crazy day at the office.

    Litsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't ya Know I'm the Fairygodmother of fairy dust and rainbows for all those in need...so POOF!!! and a Good Whack of Fireball to help it go down--

    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
    . . * + * * . + * .*.
    . * + * JUST * + .
    + . . * + . + * . * +
    * . + *SPRINKLING.* + .
    + . . * + . + * . * + .
    + , *YOUR. + * +PAGE+ *
    + . . * + . + * . * + .*
    . * * + . * WITH.* .
    + . SOME. * + * * . + * .
    . * + * * + . *+ *
    + ..LOVE .....* +
    + . . * + . + * . * +

    LOVE AND ♥ HUGZ ♥

    Val (aka...your fairygodmother)

    ReplyDelete